PDA

View Full Version : Can AI Hydra 26 or 52 be converted to HD?

Go.Fish
12/10/2015, 03:24 PM
I have a Hydra TwentySix that needs a new Mainboard. Just wondering if should replace the stock Mainboard or could it be converted... I emailed AI 5 days ago but haven't received a reply yet

Thanks in advance!

twon8
12/10/2015, 05:59 PM
They will be able to, when I'm not sure

Go.Fish
12/10/2015, 07:11 PM
They will be able to, when I'm not sure

Ok great thanks, will wait for a reply from them about what is needed and when it becomes available

reef bloke
12/10/2015, 07:47 PM
You'll have to replace every board in the light however as the diodes arrangement is different. The fan, heatsink and psu is the same, the case may need to be changed to as the status light and toggle switch is a different design too.

Go.Fish
12/14/2015, 01:57 PM
You'll have to replace every board in the light however as the diodes arrangement is different. The fan, heatsink and psu is the same, the case may need to be changed to as the status light and toggle switch is a different design too.

Ok so that'll make things a bit more difficult if the diode arrangement is different, that would probably mean new LED clusters as well as the diodes are in set locations? Hmmm, still no reply from AI about it after a week I'll send another email now.

Actually just looked at photos of both and appears to have the same LED layout, unless the spacing or orientation is different.

Go.Fish
12/15/2015, 12:27 PM
Received a reply from AI today.

"Thank you for contacting AquaIllumination. As of right now, I cannot advise if there will be an upgrade kit to convert your Hydra 26 to a Hydra 26HD. In addition, the 26HD motherboard is currently not compatible with your Hydra 26. If those kits do become available in the future, you will be able to purchase them on our parts store.

Thanks,

JR Toth
Customer Service Rep"