PDA

View Full Version : ReefOctopus Bh-1000 on a JbJ 30 rimless

eclipse720
12/10/2015, 10:03 PM
Hey guys, Not entirely new to the hobby but just need some advice. At the moment i'm down sizing from a 40B to a jbj 30 rimless. Found a good deal and couldn't pass it up. I don't have a sump on the 40b and always used a hob skimmer. My question is if my reef octopus Bh-1000 can fit in this jbj? I'm sure there's a few people on here who have this kind of set up and would really appreciate details on how you do.

Thank you.

Kalen
12/11/2015, 04:17 PM
Hey guys, Not entirely new to the hobby but just need some advice. At the moment i'm down sizing from a 40B to a jbj 30 rimless. Found a good deal and couldn't pass it up. I don't have a sump on the 40b and always used a hob skimmer. My question is if my reef octopus Bh-1000 can fit in this jbj? I'm sure there's a few people on here who have this kind of set up and would really appreciate details on how you do.

Thank you.

When I had mine I had it on the back right of the tank. It is the only place I was able to place the skimmer unless I wanted it hang off the display section of the tank. As shown in the picture. I had to add some additional pvc and trim one of the grates on the intake I believe.

Hope that helps. Its been a while since I've had that skimmer. I like the aquamaxx hob-1 better. Seems a little easier to clean and maintain.