PDA

View Full Version : Torch coral incinerated in a few days.

cheucklate
12/14/2015, 03:17 PM
This is my first coral casualty and I am a bit stumped. My two headed torch coral went from hero to zero within a few days. It isn't the usual tissue retracting I normally see from day and night swings, rather it seems to be continuously pooping out all of it's tissue. I'll post a picture when I get home but I pretty much just see the skeleton now.

My question is should I leave it in the tank in hopes that it'll grow back one day?
I don't believe it is a water chemistry problem, I do 20% water changes every 5-7 days. I will say however I recently upgraded from a 38par bulb to kessil 160WE. I set the kessil at lowest intensity as to acclimate to higher lighting but it still may have been too much? What are your thoughts.

All my other corals are doing well.

kfisc
12/14/2015, 03:44 PM
They're usually pretty hardy unless being completely blasted by light/lights too low or really poor chemistry. It sounds as if it may expelling zooxanthellae due to the lighting change. Hopefully it will be OK after a few days if all other aspects of your tank are in good shape.

heathlindner25
12/14/2015, 04:50 PM
I think torch is the hardest to grow,over frogspawn and hammer.

Dkuhlmann
12/14/2015, 07:16 PM
Get some iodine and try this

http://www.athiel.com/lib/bacterial.html