PDA

View Full Version : Help!

xxsevxx
12/14/2015, 06:42 PM
So I have been cycling my tank for exactly 5 weeks now. I have been testing them a couple times a week to keep track of the amonia spike. Last week i tested and ammonia had hit 0. I waited a couple of days tested it again and again 0. So i decided to transfer some of my corals over from my old tank that the new one is replacing. Corals were doing fine if not looked even better than my old tank. OLd tank everything is super happy and growing like crazy.

So I then decided to grab a damsel and add him to my tank, well for 3 days it was fine, eating swimming all day, then all of a sudden i wake up in the morning and his mouth is all white, it looked like he had white lipstick on. There were no other marks on him at all and by the end of the day he was dead. After i took him out I tested my ammonia, ph, nitrate, alk and nitrite and all came back fine, only thing that was a bit high was nitrate at ~20. So do guys think this is water related or did i just end up with a sick fish? Is it possible i had another ammonia spike and it was gone by morning?

nmotz
12/14/2015, 07:33 PM
It's tough to say, tank moves are tricky though. Your tests seem fine though so I'd be inclined to say it was a sick fish.

xxsevxx
12/14/2015, 07:46 PM
Im so damn paranoid. I have so much time and money invested in the tank and i dont want to kill all the poor creatures. I will retest tonight and see where i stand. If everything checks out fine I think i will pull the trigger!

Bogue Chitto
12/14/2015, 08:23 PM
Sounds like a sick fish to me also.