PDA

View Full Version : Osmolator got wet

Bigroost
12/16/2015, 09:25 PM
Like the title says my new Tunze osmolator fell in my sump. Had it for around a week or so, anyway today the sticky tape on the Velcro let loose and it took a bad bounce and went swimming. I found it floating with the lights flashing and a beeping sound. I took it apart and let it dry out, if I plug it up same thing Flashing lights and a beep. Is there anything I can do at this point to fix it?

gcarroll
12/16/2015, 09:27 PM
Contact Tunze USA

dkeller_nc
12/17/2015, 08:34 AM
If you want to try to save it, take the plastic control box apart, and soak all of the pieces, including the circuit board in RODI (obviously without power on it).

Then let everything dry out for at least a day, reassemble it and test it. If you're lucky, no permanent damage was done, and the only reason it doesn't work right at present is that there's enough dried salt on the circuit board or sensor/pump connections to allow a conductive bridge. Thoroughly rinsing the dried salt off of the components should fix that.

Bigroost
12/17/2015, 12:08 PM
Thanks, that actually worked, I gave it a bath in rodi, hit it with a hair dryer with no heat until I couldn't find anymore drops of water then put it in a Ziploc with several of those desiccant packages. I let it sit over night, hooked it back up and it seems to run perfectly.