PDA

View Full Version : Port Forwarding Question (Screenshots)

CoralsAddiction
12/16/2015, 10:28 PM
I set up an Apex Jr. At the moment I can only control it from home. I'd like to have access and control outside of my home network. Where do I go from here?
http://i.imgur.com/qAwZhik.jpg?1

DamonG
12/16/2015, 10:43 PM
Just use fusion.. It eliminates all of the port forwarding for the most part. You simply make sure (from the manual on the apex site) that you have gone through the token process, and that your classic interface says "apex fusion ok", and then, of into fusion from the page with your id and password and go..

Given, fusion isn't as powerful or strong for programming as the classic, but for just monitoring and shutting things off and on, is as easy as pie..

CoralsAddiction
12/16/2015, 11:03 PM
"apex fusion ok" is enabled. I was able to access it from safari on my iPhone using my cell network. However, I'd like to be able to use the app ;-)

slief
12/17/2015, 10:01 AM
Description can be "Apex"

Outboard Port start and Port End as well as inbound Port Start and Port End would be the port number listed in your Apex network settings. Default port is port 80 so if for example that was the port number you were using, you would put 80 in those fields. That said, I would change the port in the Apex network settings. Most of us switch that to a different number that is 4 or 5 digits. It really doesn't matter but the port number in port forwarding needs to match what the Apex Port Number is set to in the network settings. When you make that change in the Apex, you should restart the base unit.

Under format, TCP should work but if there is an option that says TCP & UDP, I would select that and see if it works.

Justdrew
12/26/2015, 01:33 PM
Port trigger and port forward are 2 different things I thought. I remember seeing both options on my router.

RussM
12/28/2015, 11:13 PM
Port trigger and port forward are 2 different things I thought. I remember seeing both options on my router.Yep - they are different things. Port trigger won;t be used... depending on the router, the right part to configure may be called "Port Forwarding", "Prt Mapping", "Applications", or "Virtual Server"