PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for a little help on a critter ID.

broke1
12/19/2015, 08:01 AM
I will start with the fact that I love the Freak show that is going on as the critters start to mature on this rock.

But I spotted something yesterday that I hadn't seen before. It was about 3/4" long, very narrow like a worm, yet light blue with a noticeable tail like a lobster. It was just cruising around the rock for a minute the disappeared. My first guess was a Mantis, but the proportions just seemed too long and narrow. If it is a Mantis, I don't consider it to be a bad thing, I would just like to put him in a different tank.

liverock
12/19/2015, 08:03 AM
I will start with the fact that I love the Freak show that is going on as the critters start to mature on this rock.

But I spotted something yesterday that I hadn't seen before. It was about 3/4" long, very narrow like a worm, yet light blue with a noticeable tail like a lobster. It was just cruising around the rock for a minute the disappeared. My first guess was a Mantis, but the proportions just seemed too long and narrow. If it is a Mantis, I don't consider it to be a bad thing, I would just like to put him in a different tank.

Sounds like a pederson shrimp....

broke1
12/19/2015, 11:34 AM
The color is right, the shape isn't even close.