PDA

View Full Version : 29 gallon stocking ideas

fermentedhiker
12/20/2015, 02:30 PM
I've got two 29(standard) gallon reef tanks I'm playing with.

Tank#1 setup for about a year
Is a mixed reef with
corals;
blasto, rics, zoas, palys, frogspawn, hammer, chalice, shrooms, and rhodactis, along with some gsp and clove polyps.
inverts;
3x pom pom crab, 2x scarlet hermit, 1 zebra hermit, anemone porcelain crab, 2x sexy shrimp, 1 fire cleaner shrimp, yellow cuke, 2 rock flower nems, 1 maxi mini nem, 2 mini red nems, randalls pistol shrimp, various and sundry snails
fish;
purple firefish, tailspot blenny, female sailfin molly(going into the frag tank once I set it up to help with algae control)

2nd tank just finished cycling
corals planned;
mostly sps(acros specifically) with one rock island reserved for zoas/palys

inverts;
skunk cleaner shrimp, emerald crab, various snails......

planned inverts;
porcelain crab, squat lobster(maybe), bumble bee shrimp(maybe), Malu anemone(eventually) and an acro crab once the colonies are large enough to support it.

planned fish;
2x maine mocha oce clownfish,.........

So I'm looking for suggestions for how to round out the stocking of the tanks.
Tank 1's next addition with be a Randals prawn goby to hopefully pair with the shrimp. After that I'm unsure. I was thinking maybe a tanaka possum wrasse and a pink streaked wrasse and calling it done. Not sure if the tank would benefit from the movement of a chromis, or whether an assessor might be a nice additon

Tank two is a bit more open. since I will already have a goby/shrimp combo in tank one I don't see any point in duplicating it in 2. blenny's are fun to watch though so a different species of blenny is probably going to happen. Beyond that I'm looking for ideas of what might be the most interesting.