PDA

View Full Version : Major help needed

vasanth_fash
12/23/2015, 06:00 AM
Hi guys,

I have a 40 gallon marine reef tank
with 2 clown fish/ 2 blue damsel / 1 yellow ratch /1 hermit crab ( blue)
3-5 snails..

iam going on a one month long vacation -so iam worried about how to go about it ..
iam planning for automatic switch and auto feeder to add in ...
but concerned about the water evaporation/ skimmer dirt/ and levels on the aquarium going on diff directions

ANY SUGGESTIONS???

NedFlounders
12/23/2015, 06:05 AM
Only way I'd do it is to pay someone who knows how to take care of it.

shifty51008
12/23/2015, 06:17 AM
I agree, if you dont have things setup now for this i wouldnt hurry and try to set them up now you wont be home to see if everything is working right.

Btw what is a yellow ratch?

vasanth_fash
12/23/2015, 10:10 AM
i don't have know anyone who can come and fish sit .... so only Liam worried and concerned .... if any suggestion of how to keep the water intact and skimmer cleaning possible .. would be helpful

yellow ratch : the aquarium guy told the name as .... i have attached the image with this .. Liam sure he gave me a wrong name

thelawnwrangler
12/23/2015, 10:11 AM
i don't have know anyone who can come and fish sit .... so only Liam worried and concerned .... if any suggestion of how to keep the water intact and skimmer cleaning possible .. would be helpful

yellow ratch : the aquarium guy told the name as .... i have attached the image with this .. Liam sure he gave me a wrong name

yellow wrasse?

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1379+386&pcatid=386

FortyFour
12/23/2015, 10:27 AM
As is, you're asking for trouble if you don't find a friend or an aquarium maintenance company that can service your tank while you are gone.

whosurcaddie
12/23/2015, 10:31 AM
There are companies that will come and care for the tank on extended absences. Look up reef tank maintenance in your area.

chimmike
12/23/2015, 10:37 AM
if you don't hire someone or get someone, it will all die. period.

So, either hire somebody to feed/monitor water, or take the entire setup down before you leave

jrr98002
12/23/2015, 10:57 AM
I agree with everyone else here, unfortunately. Even if you DID set up an automatic feeder, auto-topoff water system etc., I'd still be wary going a whole month without a physical person there to make sure something didn't screw up.

Edit: One way you COULD go about it, if you can't find somebody to fish-sit, I suppose, is see if your LFS will temporarily house your livestock until you get back. The one thing that would survive a month without problems is your bacteria. Of course, you'd have to do a lot of work getting your parameters right once you got back, but it's an option. And that's assuming all your water doesn't evaporate, of course.