PDA

View Full Version : Bleached Anemone

cody3819
12/23/2015, 08:50 AM
Okay guys, I have recently bought a green bubbly tip anem. I read a good bit before the purchase about signs of a health specimen. But I never took into consideration a bleached anem. Well now I have on, it's doing great foot looks good, mouth is tight and it is eatting. I'm trying to feed it smaller amounts of food everyday. I am just wondering what are the chances of this little guy pulling though?

hotelbravo
12/23/2015, 09:20 AM
Okay guys, I have recently bought a green bubbly tip anem. I read a good bit before the purchase about signs of a health specimen. But I never took into consideration a bleached anem. Well now I have on, it's doing great foot looks good, mouth is tight and it is eatting. I'm trying to feed it smaller amounts of food everyday. I am just wondering what are the chances of this little guy pulling though?

well first off this is in the wrong section this is in the other invert section there is another section called clownfish and anemones.

so a picture would help but if its attached to the rocks real strong and it isnt gaping its mouth then there is hope. since it is bleached it cannot create its own food through the zooxanthelle that it used to have within its body. so feeding is a good thing however not every single day imo it should at most be fed every other day. feeding an anemone can takeup alot of energy to consume what your feeding him. using up all that energy will slow the recovery process.

cody3819
12/23/2015, 09:23 AM
well first off this is in the wrong section this is in the other invert section there is another section called clownfish and anemones.

so a picture would help but if its attached to the rocks real strong and it isnt gaping its mouth then there is hope. since it is bleached it cannot create its own food through the zooxanthelle that it used to have within its body. so feeding is a good thing however not every single day imo it should at most be fed every other day. feeding an anemone can takeup alot of energy to consume what your feeding him. using up all that energy will slow the recovery process.
Would like for me to post the pic in the right form? And I feed it shrimp store bought shrimp. And all I want is like percentage from your experiences.

hotelbravo
12/23/2015, 11:32 PM
Would like for me to post the pic in the right form? And I feed it shrimp store bought shrimp. And all I want is like percentage from your experiences.

like i said a picture would help. bleached is a generalized statement. without a picture we dont know how bleached it is so without knowing how bleached it is there is no way to give a good guess.

also store bought frozen food can be okay for your livestock but stay away from ones that are cooked and raw shrimp loaded with preservatives

cody3819
12/26/2015, 12:18 AM
For some reason it's not letting me post a pic? I have feed it twice both with store bought frozen shrimp. I hope I haven't mad a mistake, it has been opening and closing for about a day. Ever since I fed it the second time. The mouth (from what I can see) still looks good. The foot is tight, it looks like it may be thinking of moving again though. I has made it self a home in the back of my tank were it's sorta hard to get a good new pic.

cody3819
12/26/2015, 09:37 AM
I will repost in the right section.