PDA

View Full Version : New Cirrhipathes

laga77
12/26/2015, 04:47 PM
Picked up a new piece of Spiral Coral today. It is doing great and eating reef plankton already. It was probably in a tank with slow flow so there is no spiral yet. It should do better in the future.

Saxman7
01/11/2016, 02:10 AM
Picked up a new piece of Spiral Coral today. It is doing great and eating reef plankton already. It was probably in a tank with slow flow so there is no spiral yet. It should do better in the future.

Laga, Any noticeable growth yet? curious to know about the growth rate of these guys. These things have amazing PE to them like many acos such as milis. I love it.

laga77
01/11/2016, 07:25 AM
Yes. I would guess it has grown 3/8"=1/2" since I have had it. The key to growth is the feeding. It gets fed at least everyday and sometimes as much as 4-5 times a day. I judge by polyp extension. If they are fully extended, the coral wants to eat. Everything in my tanks, including some fish get target fed with a long coral feeder so I can minimize the waste. I feed them everything you can think of as long as it is fresh, live, or frozen. I do not believe in pellet or flake food. They contain left-over garbage fish meal that has had the nutrients removed and wheat,soy, or alfalfa. Things marine animals have never eaten and are never meant to eat. The pink Spiral in the second photo has to be at least 18" long if strung out. The small yellow Spiral is a frag that broke off of a piece that got broken when a piece of rock fell on it.

Saxman7
01/11/2016, 01:57 PM
Yes. I would guess it has grown 3/8"=1/2" since I have had it. The key to growth is the feeding. It gets fed at least everyday and sometimes as much as 4-5 times a day. I judge by polyp extension. If they are fully extended, the coral wants to eat. Everything in my tanks, including some fish get target fed with a long coral feeder so I can minimize the waste. I feed them everything you can think of as long as it is fresh, live, or frozen. I do not believe in pellet or flake food. They contain left-over garbage fish meal that has had the nutrients removed and wheat,soy, or alfalfa. Things marine animals have never eaten and are never meant to eat. The pink Spiral in the second photo has to be at least 18" long if strung out. The small yellow Spiral is a frag that broke off of a piece that got broken when a piece of rock fell on it.

The Results are looking great, i'd love to get my hands on one when I can find one available. my fridge is allowing me to dose about 15 times a day currently.. everything is loving it and the results i'm getting are incredible. even the Dendro Gracilis is starting to show some PE

laga77
01/11/2016, 06:11 PM
i'd love to get my hands on one when I can find one available.

They are hard to find. I have not seen one on-line in over a year and I check almost daily. The LFS where I got this from had two and didn`t want to sell either. Over charged me on the price. But since I have the others I popped for it.
I also am on waiting lists at two other stores if they get any in. They will probably over charge me too!:headwally:

Saxman7
01/12/2016, 12:20 AM
They are hard to find. I have not seen one on-line in over a year and I check almost daily. The LFS where I got this from had two and didn`t want to sell either. Over charged me on the price. But since I have the others I popped for it.
I also am on waiting lists at two other stores if they get any in. They will probably over charge me too!:headwally:

Oh the struggle! Makes me just want to go up to canada and buy a ton of stuff there like purple dendros and rhizos. Then, I have to figure out a plan to get it all back to florida haha