PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish setup

ClownFishGuy6
12/26/2015, 05:25 PM
Alright so I bought 2 spotcinctus clownfish today and I want to breed them. I am going to leave them under my tank in a 10 gallon tank. I am going to have a clay pot in there with a heater. They are young so it may take them a while to grow in a smal tank. Can you answer these questions:

Do I need anything else to set this up?
Should I put the 2 clownfish in my 55 gallon tank until they grow up?
How long will it take them to pair and how will I know (I think they might be paired already because they follow each other around and I don't know f that's just them being clownfish)?
Once they lay eggs do I remove he parents or the clay pot they laid eggs on?
Can I crush my marine micro pellets into a powder and feed them that?
Please answer these questions I'm new to breeding things.

HowManyClowns
12/26/2015, 06:39 PM
http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/269202-pickles-guide-to-breeding-clowns/

shifty51008
12/27/2015, 04:09 AM
There is a book called clownfishes by joyce wilkerson. That is a good read to get you started.

As for food your gonna need phyto and rotifers dry foods will not work very well if at all.

ginpang
12/27/2015, 01:55 PM
What they said ... Plus you'll have plenty of time to read up and research until they start looking like they'll want to spawn[emoji39]

brian313313
12/29/2015, 03:50 PM
There is a book called clownfishes by joyce wilkerson. That is a good read to get you started.

+1

I just read this book and liked it a lot. Good information and easy to read.

Cparcaut
01/05/2016, 05:04 PM
Clowns can take a while to breed. I would watch for them taking gender roles if not already 1 male/1 female as that's one of the major milestone steps. However, I would suggest reading up on as above posts recommend.