PDA

View Full Version : Issue with New Touch Controller

taxman95
12/27/2015, 06:24 PM
I finally got around to hooking up my new touch controller today after receiving it earlier this week.

The issue I have is that my second power unit does not show up from the menu.

The sensors that are plugged into do show up, but not the plugs themselves so I can't program anything plugged into it.

Luckily I was able to move my top up pump and nothing else plugged into it is essential. I now have open plugs on the first contoller but would need to run extension cords to plug things in.

Anybody have any suggestions. I have tried unplugging it and lugging it back in as well as the controller but no luck

OCEANVIEW ENT
12/31/2015, 11:31 AM
Hello

I will forward this to our service team. You can also go on our website and use the support line or email.

http://aquatronicastore.com/technical-support/

We will get back to you .

Eric

RobbyG
01/04/2016, 07:57 PM
Taxman95 I have never seen that problem before, maybe the bar is defective but I have a suspicion it is not since your plugged in sensors are detected. I assume the switch on the new powerbar is set to automatic mode and not manual on. Assuming that, I would suggest the following.

1) Backup (export) your configuration settings to an SD card.

2) Unplug the controller USB cable from your first powerbar

3) Go into the menu and reset the controller.

4) Once its powered back up with all the widgets gone, plug only the controller into the new powerbar and see if it is detected.

5) If it is NOT detected then you do have a problem and need to get it replaced. You can skip the rest and just plug back into your old powerbar and restore your backup file.

6) if it IS detected, unplug the controller USB cable from the new bar and plug it back into the old one. Go through the motions of just accepting each probe as it is detected.

7) Plug in the second powerbar to the first and see if it detects it again.

8) If that work then restore your backup file and you should be OK.

9) If it does not detect it you might want to leave the controller plugged into the second powerbar and see what happens. If it detects both powerbars restore the backup file and then check to see that everything was detected ok and your programs are ok.

10) Remember to add the plug widgets to your home screen.

11) Any problems along the way just do step 5 and wait on tech support.

Let me know how this works out, I will be checking the forum.

Robbyg

3)

Volcano1
02/01/2016, 12:32 AM
I'll post here quick as well.Did send message to support.
I can't get my e-mail notice to set up on the touch. I keep getting e-mail error when I do the test message.My controller locked up last week, didn't catch it for a few days.Each time I have to rebot, it changes my internal IP address for the touch.I'm hoping if getting the e-mail to work, it would let me know sooner.

nickjj
02/02/2016, 11:08 AM
Volcano1 - If you are experiencing a lock up I would suggest you update the software on the touch. The last two releases have been very stable from my experiences.

Also if you have DHCP selected on the Network setting your IP address can change when you reboot the unit.

Volcano1
02/02/2016, 02:05 PM
Do you know what the latest version is? I have updated twice in last 5 months.

nickjj
02/02/2016, 07:14 PM
Do you know what the latest version is? I have updated twice in last 5 months.

The latest update for the Touch is 4.0b.

Are you using a gmail account to smtp mail outbound?

Volcano1
02/02/2016, 09:53 PM
No, that was part of my question.I'm not a tech guy and don't even know what smtp is.I think that is the latest version I have.See the Aquatronica site is still down.

NXC Version: 4.0.b

WEB Version: 3.2

WEB Legacy Version: 4.0

Copyright Aquatronica(tm) - 2014

nickjj
02/03/2016, 10:42 AM
It appears you are running the latest version of the software.

As far as the email setup is concerned the Touch requires you to relay mail through a smtp (simple mail transfer protocol) server. So if you are using a gmail email account you would set up the touch with the smtp field with smtp.gmail.com and set the port field to 465. Also make sure the SSL (secure socket layer) button is turn on or highlighted. Also include the full email address of your gmail account, the bottom field can the senders email account which can be any email address.

There is one caveat to using gmail smtp, gmail has improved their security on the smtp email service and even after setting this up properly on the Touch it will error out each test message. That is why I recommend creating a new gmail email account ONLY being used by your Touch because you will have to change a security setting in the gmail account called "Allow less secure apps" under the Sign In and Security of your gmail account. Please note I DO NOT recommend you turn this setting on with a gmail account you want to have secured. That's why I suggested a new separate gmail account be created only used by the Touch.

When you change this setting on the gmail account the Touch will send email. If you use another smtp service it may work differently. You can google "using less secure apps" to get more information on this security setting.

Hope this helps.

RobbyG
02/11/2016, 04:08 PM
I'll post here quick as well.Did send message to support.
I can't get my e-mail notice to set up on the touch. I keep getting e-mail error when I do the test message.My controller locked up last week, didn't catch it for a few days.Each time I have to rebot, it changes my internal IP address for the touch.I'm hoping if getting the e-mail to work, it would let me know sooner.

If you have DHCP turned ON in the Aquatronica network settings it will change the IP addresses every time you power off the controller and power it back on. You need to turn OFF DHCP on the AQT and then set a fixed IP address that is in the range of your network.

Rob