PDA

View Full Version : MP40W-ES Dry Side Squeeling

Andy
12/28/2015, 09:15 AM
Hi there

Woke up this morning to a squeeling sound which appears to come from the dry side of my MP40W-ES. Took the wet side apart, cleaned and reassembled. This did not help. Propeller is not turning. Any ideas.

Thanks

reefwiser
12/28/2015, 10:48 AM
Did you try a different pump setting? Bearings sound locked up.

Andy
12/28/2015, 02:29 PM
Looks like it's the wet side. I switched out the wet side from my other functioning unit and it worked so dry side must be okay. Should the wet side maintenance kit do the trick. The magnet has some fine striations on it as well. Could that cause issues.

reefwiser
12/28/2015, 02:36 PM
I upgraded to the QD drive what a difference it made. Might want to do that too.

CODE3EMT
01/02/2016, 12:34 AM
I had the same issue on my MP-10, take a look at the white ceramic coating on the metal shaft of the "wet side" near the base of the black plastic. Mine was chipped and caused some whining, then vibrations, then propeller stopped, and a visit to EcoTech website to purchase new "wet side" :sad2:

jackson6745
01/20/2016, 05:40 PM
I upgraded to the QD drive what a difference it made. Might want to do that too.

Did you upgrade only the wet-side? Is there a very noticeable difference in noise or flow?

dendrite
01/20/2016, 06:25 PM
debris gets into the wetside between the magnet and backing, hence the circumferential grooves, wears off the magnets coating , cuts into the magnet, increases friction and can even fuse the plastic parts. take the wetside apart and clean all parts thoroughly. call ecotech and see if they will repair or exchange the wetside. If I remember correctly the repair kit is almost as much as a new wetside but it has been a couple of years

reefwiser
01/20/2016, 07:52 PM
Did you upgrade only the wet-side? Is there a very noticeable difference in noise or flow?

The upgrade is the driver not the wet or dry side.
http://store.ecotechmarine.com/store/vortech/pump-upgrades

fransmom
06/14/2016, 10:42 PM
Are you selling
The dry side? My dryside fell in water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk