PDA

View Full Version : Anemone or not? That is the question?

JEBrown2
12/30/2015, 08:16 AM
In my tank I have all my Corals on 1 side of the tank in order to maximize swimming area for larger fish. I have a mated pair of Maroon Clowns and I would like to get them an Anemone to use as a host. I'm hoping I can put it on the opposite side of the tank and it stay put.

Is it worth it?

Thanks.

Dkuhlmann
12/30/2015, 08:19 AM
Yes, because the female Maroon will move any coral or rock that it doesn't want on its side of the tank LOL She will even fan sand if she doesn't want it there. So you have a good idea.

Maroons will quickly jump in any Bubble Tip anemone you get, as it's their natural host anemone

JEBrown2
12/30/2015, 08:25 AM
Do I need to worry about it stinging corals?

Dkuhlmann
12/30/2015, 09:03 AM
Yes to a point you do. But if you arrange your rocks in a way that you can monitor your anemone then be ready to move corals out of the way. This is why you never glue frags in place if you are going to have an anemone. I've got two in my tank and one stays put the other moves around on a large rock on the back side. You have to get in some weird positions to be able to see it. LOL I also find that the red bubbletips don't move around as much as the others. Not sure why but this has been my experience.