PDA

View Full Version : using one of your pumps for my tunze osmolator?

atraperegrinus
01/01/2016, 12:54 PM
I have an extra Water exchange module i got in a package deal and I'd love to swap out the stock tunze 3155 osmolator pump with the pump from the WXM.

how can i go about doing this?

i purchased a switched socket relay, just an amazon.com one, not the tunze specific one. works basically the same, i just dont have to deal with the euro socket bs.

my issue comes from how do i change the pump from the headphone jack style plug, to a way to hook the pump up to the switched socket. which uses a regular wall socket plug.

if this is something I can do, please let me know how i can achieve this.

I'd really like to utilize what i have here than buy a whole new setup.

i really like the optical eye and float backup of the tunze.

on a separate note, how sensitive is the air pressure switch you guys have with the water exchange module? how low must the water go before it'll start pumping water?

is it just as soon as the hose loses pressure from water pushing into the tube?, and then it'll fill till it gets pressure again?

thanks guys!

atraperegrinus
01/02/2016, 12:09 AM
do i even need the switched outlet? looking at stuff again, the stock osmolator pump is DC, and so are your lm3 pumps right? so could i technically just wire it in place of the stock pump?

atraperegrinus
01/03/2016, 09:04 PM
anyone have any ideas?

SpectraPure
01/04/2016, 11:37 AM
You can hook the pump directly to the tunze, and you don't need the relay. I think the blue is positive, and the brown is negative. If the pump runs backwards just reverse the leads.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Jeremy

atraperegrinus
01/04/2016, 10:19 PM
Awesome, thanks! I wish I asked before I got the relay, but now I saved $30 :)

SpectraPure
01/05/2016, 12:22 PM
Awesome!

Aero175
01/13/2016, 10:26 PM
How did this work out for you atraperegrinus? I am looking to use this to replace the 20 gallon reservoir next to my tank. This is the only pump I can find that will pump the water up the floor and a half from the basement, and then over to my tank. I was thinking at a later time I could add on 2 more pumps for dosing 2 part when my tank gets to the point it requires it.

Thanks for any information!

Aero175
01/13/2016, 11:28 PM
Also what pump did you have to use? Do you know if it was an MPM or an RPM?

Thanks again!

atraperegrinus
01/14/2016, 09:01 AM
I used a WXM module with the air port open to the air, literally hooked right into the stock wire plug you pull the original osmolator pump off of, works like a charm.

i think this puts the osmolator over the top and I'd easily call it the best top off ever with the tunze optical sensor and the lm3 pump.

i'd imagine it would work the same with any of their pumps. just cut the headphone jack off and split the wires and plug'r in.

Do make sure you cut enough off the end with the headphone jack so you can splice it back on if you ever decide to use it again with the lm3 base unit.

goodluck!

SpectraPure
01/14/2016, 09:58 AM
either will work. You cut the connector off and wire it directly. Both of those pumps are identical minus the connectors.

Jeremy

Aero175
01/14/2016, 11:45 AM
Thanks guys! That's what I needed to know

SpectraPure
02/01/2016, 01:20 AM
no problem!

Aero175
02/16/2016, 07:49 PM
Just checking in. This worked great as my top off pump. It is hands down one of the best upgrades I have ever made! No more hauling 5 gallon buckets up to flights of stairs!

SpectraPure
02/16/2016, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up! We really appreciate kind words! Have a wonderful night!

Jeremy

atraperegrinus
03/03/2016, 08:01 PM
Yep, mine is still working wonderfully aswell, works better, and is more quiet than the stock osmolator pump. Very hard to beat.

Now I just wish you guys had a magnet mount for your air pressure tubes. I'm not a fan of suction cups, and i really do not want to silicone the cups to the glass.

SpectraPure
03/04/2016, 07:17 PM
Hang tight!

Jeremy