PDA

View Full Version : Three clowns breeding on the same tank

Andre Duarte
01/01/2016, 04:34 PM
Hi friends,
I have three matted pairs of clownfish (a orange ocellaris, a black ocellaris and a percula clownfishes pairs),who lives on my 105 gals tank with other fishes peacefully. For the last two or three months I notice that one of my clownfishes pairs are on the same place of the tank where they're cleaning the glass but without any eggs . The body of both ale and female are changing, the female are more aggressive with another clownfish female that is trying to take the same place of it, but nothing beyond this, nothing.
Today I started to think about it and my first conclusion about it was that maybe the presence of other clownfishes can be the problem that are denying the lay eggs.
Some of the friends have some tips for me? What if I try to get separated tanks for each matted pair? Can it be the solution for my problem? And about the stress of tank change, can't it be a new problem to me?
Someone can help me?

Thanks a lot and a happy new year for all!

shifty51008
01/01/2016, 07:20 PM
I would deff get seperate tanks for each pair, not just for the laying eggs part but they will most likely start fighting to the death.

ichthyogeek
01/01/2016, 10:27 PM
Additionally, what's their diet? Or, could the clownfish pair be laying, then eating the eggs?

Andre Duarte
01/02/2016, 04:57 AM
So, that's one of my the greatest doubts about this. Improve their food can take effect over this question?
Today l am feeding it just one time for the day, always by morning. But, I have read some relates when the people feeds the clownfishes several times in a day. Here, I use to feed them with a lot of different types of food like brine shrimp, freeze dried mysis, and two premium marine fish food (I am using Firstbite Marine Food and a Brazilian food with high quality level), but one by day. Have I to improve the number of times that I feed my fishes? And about the high nutrients levels in the tank? What's the consequences of this after this improvement, once that to much food is almost as too much nutrients in the tank.

Cparcaut
01/05/2016, 05:07 PM
I would deff get seperate tanks for each pair, not just for the laying eggs part but they will most likely start fighting to the death.

+1. While they may appear to get along, or even lay eggs in their own locations in the tank, the moods of clownfish can change quickly especially with their eggs nearby. Keeping three mated pairs of fish in the same tank seems like you are asking for trouble. If you do insist, I would put some neutral fish in the tank also, they may help to keep the pairs to their respective areas.