PDA

View Full Version : well that was kind of fun but messy

figuerres
01/01/2016, 06:50 PM
When I first setup my 150 I setup the sump kinda wrong and I knew I would have to change it.... and it's time as I am also replacing the junk skimmer and bio pellet reactor it came with, the reactor is not able to pump very good and the skimmer tends to run over way to easy...
Next week I have a reef octopus skimmer and bio-reactor coming in.
The sump was made for the center section to be the fudge but there were no documentation and I put the return pump in the center, but then the end section as a fudge tended to get nasty with a lack of flow.

so get new vinyl hose, change water and buckets ready pull off the doors from the stand so iget full access and get the rocks and sand from the far right to the center section, and the return pump over in tone right side making for cloudy water in the process.... well it's done ,now to get the new skimmer and reactor in place.... then about mid February I can get the small rock from rich to finish loading the center, thinking I will also get a small load of sand and some cleanup critters at the same time, center is about 14x14 inches and can hold about 4 or 5 inches of sand or mud if I maxed it out.

Fish were wondering what the heck was going on with pumps off and me not looking at them.... when it started they thought it meant food and they all swam up to the auto feeder to get something but after a few they realized it was not happening and broke up the crowd....

May do another water change over the weekend to help get it a bit cleaner....

Will have to see how it looks in the morning.

Bogue Chitto
01/01/2016, 07:40 PM
Yep, it is always good to finally get through maintenance and have a few days to enjoy before it is time to do it again.