PDA

View Full Version : Help with sick looking clown

clrichman
01/02/2016, 08:16 AM
I say sick looking because s/he is acting perfectly normal.

i got fish about 5 weeks ago and looked normal,QT'd and moved to DT before I left for holidays. I came back and clown was fuzzy looking, which was 4 days ago. That cleared up.

Today, as you can see, white patches and bumps around mouth. I can't get a better pic. I've tried catching to move back to QT but can't get the bugger, even at feeding time.

Acts normally, eating fine. the other clown - they went in together - is completely fine. Both are eating well.

I've seen some products like Fish Vet's Revive that can be used in DT. If I can't catch him then i need to go that route, but i wanted to know if this looks like bacteria, ich, parasitic, etc.. before I attempt to treat and know if i NEED to net him/her somehow.

Any help/advice would be great. Tank is fairly new - 3 months. Only fish in it are 2 clowns and Melanurus wrasse. Other two appear fine. Everyone eats.

Oh, I have seen other clown picking at this one, but this definitely appears to be sickness more than injury from other fish.
i want to scream because I really tried to do everything right and prevent introducing crap to my DT. :headwalls:

ZeeSparrow
01/02/2016, 09:20 AM
You may want to try the fish disease forum (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87). One of the posts there outlines diagnosis (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2389264), and there is a sticky on how to catch the uncatchable. Good luck!

heathlindner25
01/02/2016, 10:40 AM
I think he will become very easy to catch soon..looks like brook

shifty51008
01/02/2016, 11:43 AM
I agree it is either brook or velvet, both are very fast killers and need treated asap. Find out what you have first though. I would also never put any meds for fish in the dt no matter what

Hiw long did you qt for?

BrianKC
01/02/2016, 12:25 PM
Clowns usually sleep pretty heavily, so if you can't get it during the day, you may be able to scoop him at night and remove back to QT for treatment.