PDA

View Full Version : New to your product.

biecacka
01/03/2016, 05:31 PM
Hello,
My name is Corey, and I have a quick question for you. I currently run a 240 gallon tank that in the past was LPS and softy. I'm looking to eventually switch to LPS and SPS pieces. I currently don't use Zeovit or anything like it. I recently started dosing vinegar and vodka to the tune of 7ml total daily.
Which products do you recommend a new tank to start with?

Thanks,
Corey

Aquaforest
01/04/2016, 12:02 PM
Hello,
If You are reducing NO3 and PO4 by vodka methode - Aquaforest have Probiotic Methode to reduce nutrients.

For start and smooth transition it will be good to use:
Reef Salt ( salt without probiotic bacteria) + Pro Bio S (probiotic bacteria) + -NP Pro

In our guide s we created 4 types of aquariums: http://aquaforest.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/GuideEnglishwww.pdf

I think that You have tank:

II- An aquarium with soft corals, lps and fish

or

III- Aquarium with LPS and not demanding SPS

Thats products will be dedicated to Your tank.

Regards,
Aquaforest

biecacka
11/27/2016, 10:36 PM
Ok, I'm back. I currently have my nitrates in the 5-10 range (would love to get them lower), p04 shows 0 on sailfert test. LPS have been removed from the tank minus a frogspawn or so. I currently have about 15 SPS frags in the tank.
I am running a Hamilton 250 watt 20k bulb on the tank. I dont get great polyp on most of the frags, I'm not sure why. Colors are okay though. I keep reading different things, keep n03 @0 but p04 @a very slight elevated level. Then I see keep them all @0.
Can you help point me in the direction of which products I should use from your line, what target numbers I should be going for, or if mine are okay.

Thank you,
Corey

GoVols
11/30/2016, 06:53 PM
I don't know your answer but I love the Metal Halide's. (lol)

Still the best over all lights. JMO

plyle02
12/02/2016, 04:02 PM
Hi Corey,
I would ensure the skimmer is set to dry and pulling well. Also, not sure if you use biological media such as siporax, matrix, or media block, but I would imagine they would help reduce nitrates to zero over time, once the bacteria has populated the media. That would probably benefit you well. I would also imagine that the use of Zeo Mix could assist too, or maybe both :) Along side of this, normal dosing of AF NP Pro and Pro Bio S would help to drive the nitrates down too. With lowered nutrients, Amino Mix, Vitality, Build and Energy would help to color the corals :) Cheers

biecacka
12/09/2016, 12:29 PM
I run a BK double cone on the tank, fairly dry performance. On,y have about 25 fish in tank so not a big bioload. I don't use biological media, just dose vinegar and vodka. Not same thing I know. Do you recommend adding biological media to the tank? I have nothing in my sump except my skimmer and heater, trying to keep it clean :lol.
Do you think 5-10 is too high? Where do you keep yours at?

Corey

plyle02
12/09/2016, 01:44 PM
Hi Corey,
I prefer nitrates at 1-5ppm(Salifert) and phosphates at 0.00-0.02(Hanna Pocket Meter). I would imagine bio media in the sump being a great thing, think of it like adding another tank in the system packed with live rock, same idea but the media is much more porous and has more surface area, making it far more efficient.

GoVols
12/09/2016, 06:55 PM
Hi Corey,
I prefer nitrates at 1-5ppm(Salifert) and phosphates at 0.00-0.02(Hanna Pocket Meter). I would imagine bio media in the sump being a great thing, think of it like adding another tank in the system packed with live rock, same idea but the media is much more porous and has more surface area, making it far more efficient.
Perry,
Have you found that these two test kits are very reliable and proven for checking nitrates and phosphates?

I know reefers say the Hanna alk pocket meter is easy and super accurate.

I have been using the Red Sea titration kits for my bench mark but willing to try others if they are easy and accurate.

Thanks, GoVols