PDA

View Full Version : TBS Rock is Special

katieclaire
01/07/2016, 09:23 PM
I recently custom built a 22 long Mr. Aqua with a matching sump. I spent months building the setup and wanted everything to be perfect. I was soooo excited to order my rock from TBS and did a ton of research about it beforehand. There were tons of positive reviews about all the life on the rocks and in some cases some bad hitchhikers. I knew ordering from TBS and the surprise critters would be so fun but I never expected to be this happy!

My tank cycled in 2 days and is thriving. No algae growth and all the barnacles are still alive. Also, porcelain crabs galore and didn't receive any bad hitchhikers! Everything is so interesting to watch. Richard also included many extras like sponges and a flower nem. I also received a pincushion urchin in the live sand. He cracks me up and has insisted on wearing the same polyp hat no matter how many times I take it away.

Also, the rock came in super interesting shapes with lots of tunnels. Aquascaping was a breeze! I can't imagine my tank without the TBS rock. Thanks again Richard!
Pics to follow.

katieclaire
01/07/2016, 09:24 PM
Display tank

katieclaire
01/07/2016, 09:25 PM
Urchin with hat

Devaji108
01/22/2016, 12:10 AM
nice set up!
cant wait to get my TBS rock...
after see this I might have to get this 22 long rimless to to go with my new 90 rimless.
I have a 20L that i am planing to do a macro tank but a mr aqua 22 looks so nice...hmmm
damn it..lol

Dmorty217
01/29/2016, 11:50 AM
I still have a 30lb piece of rock from TBS from 5 years ago that has just made my tank that was all dry rock before explode with life! Sponge,small,clams, SPS, and pods galore! Best money I have ever spent on liverock

mokeyz
02/23/2016, 12:10 PM
Besides the beauty of the rock Richard sends there are two other factors that make it the best. The fact that you get the rock, sand etc. right away, I mean right away! Second, the rock and sand is fully submerged in the freshest water you have never smelled! Pure, clean, crystal clear water.

moondoggy4
03/05/2016, 05:40 PM
Both tanks look great, its a shame that you cannot view the sump as much as the tank.