PDA

View Full Version : ID this hitchhiker for me?

Salty_seadog
01/12/2016, 12:17 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to the hobby so I thought I'd post this here. Apologies if there is a dedicated 'identification' forum and this belongs there.

My tank is 27 days old - just a couple of clowns in it while I wait for everything to stabilize - well it kind of has now. Planning to put some more stuff in when I get back from sailing (leaving tonight so apologies if I don't reply quickly).

Noticed this started growing from something invisible a week or so ago - attached file. Is it a coral? I mean it looks (to my unskilled eyes) like a coral!

thanks!

Matt

SoloGarth
01/12/2016, 12:54 AM
Super hard to tell what that is from the pic. But yes I would say coral. Is it hard or soft? The pic makes it look almost like an Acro. That would be a pretty awesome hitch hiker. Haha

pyithar
01/12/2016, 01:19 AM
it looks like a sps coral to me as well.

Salty_seadog
01/12/2016, 03:09 AM
Thanks guys! Sorry best pic I could take but not great. Yes, it's definitely hard. Grew from unnoticeable to about 1.5cm diameter. There's some others if the same species 'sprouting' nearby. Totally stoked if it's an acropora - I may have totally lucked out! :D Trying to encourage the snails nearby to keep that darn algae of it...