PDA

View Full Version : Feeding for breeding clowns?

Devvo131
01/12/2016, 06:58 PM
I currently have a mature pair of perc's, had them for around a year and still no eggs! They have a 90L tank on their own with a clay pot they love to bits. I currently feed them 4 times a day but I feel that my way of feeding them may be totally wrong. I feed them as follows:

10am- New Era Flakes
2pm- Frozen Krill
6pm- Frozen Red Plankton
10pm- Frozen Brineshrimp

I just can't find the right way of feeding them, I need someone to give me a plan of how to feed properly. I need to know what to feed them, how many times a day to feed them and how often to feed them.
Please someone help me out here!

HowManyClowns
01/12/2016, 07:00 PM
Try LRS Fertility Frenzy. Make sure parameters stay consistent. Warmer water helps if you don't have corals. 82-83F. Long daylight cycle to mimic summer.

Devvo131
01/12/2016, 07:07 PM
I can't find it anywhere in the UK. It's all US sites and according to those sites it would be a waste of money if it takes more than a 2 day delivery because the food will be spoiled. What do I do?

shifty51008
01/15/2016, 04:46 PM
I feed mine 4-5 times a day but when i feed each time it is a mix of about 3 diffrent foods each time.

And yes you can raise the temp up slowly to 82 degrees, thats where i keep mine and i have corals that also do well

oh207
01/25/2016, 06:55 PM
My clownfish pair eat New Life Spectrum (NLS) exclusively and they spawn regularly. Try some NLS pellets.

anothermineral
01/29/2016, 01:38 PM
All my spawning pairs are eating otohime. Either EP1 or EP2. I feed 2-3 times per day, as much as they'll eat.

Devvo131
02/13/2016, 11:14 PM
I have tried NLS pellets and my clowns are totally ignoring them. they just swim straight past the food, or they take it into their mouth and just spit it out. they just don't like the food.
so lost on what todo

Dkuhlmann
02/14/2016, 06:59 AM
Devvo, I asked on your other thread which NLS pellets are you giving them? Not many fish will ignore NLS pellets. If you can only get one type of NLS pellet I would only give them the ones you have. Just put a few in that way if they ignore them you're not overfeeding your tank. Keep offering the NLS pellets only 3x a day until they start eating them.

cloak
02/14/2016, 07:06 PM
I have tried NLS pellets and my clowns are totally ignoring them. they just swim straight past the food, or they take it into their mouth and just spit it out. they just don't like the food.
so lost on what todo

You might want to soak the pellets in a cup of water for about 5 minutes beforehand. This will soften them up a little and make it easier for the clowns to eat. GL.