PDA

View Full Version : Fully Automated AQ IM Nuvo Fusion 20G

nickjj
01/17/2016, 02:48 PM
I shut down my large 200G Reef with fish room last Fall that was completely run automated with my Aquatronica Touch equipment and over the long Canadian winter got bored since I was tankless.....

I did keep all my AQ equipment and will be starting a 10x smaller 20G AIO. This setup should be a lot less work as compared to my large setup which is the reason I shut down. I couldn't commit the time too it.

I plan on starting a build thread in the Nano Reef area outlining the use of the AQ equipment along the way.

Wish me luck.

RobbyG
01/26/2016, 09:21 PM
I am really looking forward to seeing your tank when it's done Nick.
Have fun and just watch how the bug is going to start biting to set back up the big boy :)

Robbyg

nickjj
01/31/2016, 12:19 AM
Thanks Robby.

I finally filled the tank this weekend, just waiting for a few pieces of equipment though. I'm hoping this little guy will satisfy my need to Reef without contemplating a large setup at least for the next little while.

But you never know when opportunities that are to hard to turn down come up.......

RobbyG
02/11/2016, 05:12 PM
Thanks Robby.

I finally filled the tank this weekend, just waiting for a few pieces of equipment though. I'm hoping this little guy will satisfy my need to Reef without contemplating a large setup at least for the next little while.

But you never know when opportunities that are to hard to turn down come up.......

Nick you have been in this long enough to know how this plays out :fun2:
I give that Tank 1 year and then the bug for a big tank will bite :lolspin:

nickjj
02/15/2016, 09:42 AM
Nick you have been in this long enough to know how this plays out :fun2:
I give that Tank 1 year and then the bug for a big tank will bite :lolspin:

Robby, I have learned that everything in this hobby is about timing and patience. I have gone through this cycle before and each time it gets bigger and better in the end. Right now at this point in my life after coming from my large setup this should get me by without truly getting out of the hobby. Because you never really do.

Unfortunately a promotion at work, business travelling, family and much larger responsibilities has taken priority at this time. I am now a member of the half century club this year and I can hardly wait to retire when I will have all the time to devote to these systems. I can assure you it will top my 200G fish room setup... but like you said you never know what bug will bite......:)