PDA

View Full Version : Pro Clear Aquatic Systems Protein Skimmer --- HELP!!!

krazycanuck2011
01/17/2016, 05:41 PM
Hello everyone, I have my tank setup, cycled and now I want to put a protein skimmer online. As the bioload will be increasing now that I have 7 fish and an anenome in my 75 gallon tank.

Anyhow my protein skimmer which i was given is a PRO CLEAR AQUATIC Systems. It is a narrow in sump protein skimmer. My problem is that I am barely getting any bubbles to the top of the skimmer. I cannot find the height anywhere online where this skimmer should be located. It is submerged in 11" of water in the overflow section entering into a DIY Sump.

I would appreciate figuring out the height this skimmer should be located at as well as some help in tuning the thing in.

The skimmer looks exactly like this:

http://www.reefedition.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/P1010005-224x300.jpg

I appreciate any and all help!

YoYoel16
01/17/2016, 05:50 PM
I used to run that same exact skimmer on my 55 and now I'm running their MPS 250 on my 120 it's soon skimming great

That model should sit around 7-8 inches of water and if the protein skimmer is brand new and has never adjusted to your tank let it "break in"

Just some questions, is the water level reaching the indicated area on the neck of the skimmer? How much gph does the pump have?
Tjanks

krazycanuck2011
01/17/2016, 07:18 PM
The Pump is a Rio 10HF, I moved the skimmer to about 7-8 inches of total water depth with the torpedo (water height adjuster) all the way down.

The Skimmer is hardly making any bubbles at all, the water is spinning though.

headnic789
01/17/2016, 08:43 PM
Open up the air inlet make sure it's not clogged or full of salt