PDA

View Full Version : It's been 4 months, but...

nmotz
01/18/2016, 09:08 PM
About time for another molt! Neptune spent the entire day rearranging the tank. He picked up every rock big enough to move (and tried to pick up all the others!)

The rocks are all stacked up all over the entrances to his burrows. He's focused on the entrances to the PVC burrow mostly, but he's also chosen to block up some of the entryways to the little caves he's dug out underneath pieces of LR.

I fed him some live brine shrimp today and he is still eating so I think it'll be a few days before the magic finally happens. Ugh, I get so nervous before a molt! He needs this one too because one of his smashers has a small piece broken off.

gozermantis
01/19/2016, 10:23 AM
Sending good vibes for the upcoming molt! Good Luck!!

nmotz
01/19/2016, 12:17 PM
Thanks, still no molt today, burrow still open enough for him to peer out.

nmotz
01/25/2016, 02:04 PM
Just confirmed today, successful molt! Two intact smashers and a nice clean exoskeleton. My skimmer has been going crazy. I may need to do a water change today or tomorrow.

Optic
01/25/2016, 09:23 PM
Just confirmed today, successful molt! Two intact smashers and a nice clean exoskeleton. My skimmer has been going crazy. I may need to do a water change today or tomorrow.

Congratz mate, would it be possible to see your new set up? I've watched your youtube vid with your HOB filters but not with a skimmer, would be nice to see

nmotz
01/25/2016, 11:08 PM
I'll snap a picture when I get the chance, but I am about to rearrange everything to add a bigger PVC pipe.