PDA

View Full Version : From fresh to salt newbie

saltreef creep
01/24/2016, 09:09 AM
Hello all! My name is Matt and I am brand new to the salt and reef community. When I say brand new I mean just got my tank about 2 weeks ago and I am taking turns between staring at an empty tank and staring out the window for the UPS guy to bring me goodies. I bought the tank (75gal. bowfront w/ 25gal sump)from a member of this community and I have been creeping on every thread and post ever since. The best and most exciting thing for me is that I have absolutely no clue what I am doing so this truly is an adventure for me. I am in my mid 30's and yet I am acting like a little baby who just discovered his feet. I have a little time to get everything right on this tank and setup so I am not rushing things too much as I will be making my first official coral purchase at Reef-a-Palooza in Orlando in April.

JohnnyHildo
01/24/2016, 09:22 AM
haha i can completely relate man as i spent a day and a half of my weekend making water. even an empty tank is exciting at this point lol.
best of luck in your new endeavor!

A.Astore
01/24/2016, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the hobby! Prepare to always have a wishlist running at all times. You should have fun with the hobby thanks to being close to some of the direct providers! And looking at an empty tank is the worst!

dreaddinit
01/24/2016, 09:27 AM
Welcome!! As long as you follow your own advice of taking it slow as I wish I had. I jumped in and had to learn quick. $800 isn't easy to come by lol. I'm still a newbie as well and learning everyday.

saltreef creep
01/24/2016, 09:31 AM
I just received my Protein skimmer yesterday and to be quite honest it was just like my 8th birthday when I finally got the leonardo and shredder combo pack to wage an epic battle. I am really excited and thanks for the luck I am going to need it

steallife904
01/25/2016, 08:32 AM
skimmer down.... lights next!