PDA

View Full Version : Kessil AP700 Flicker

dcbaros
01/25/2016, 10:53 PM
Anyone else experience flicker with the Ap700 when ramping down/up? I know it was a problem with the other models and it looks like it wasn't solved.

sixpackgarage
01/26/2016, 05:10 PM
I do see it at the very end of the light cycle a few minutes before lights out...depending on which color mode it's in. Also the left puck is a little brighter than the right one at the end of the ramp down. I was told by Kessil, I need to plug the fixture direct to a wall outlet to clean that up.. I haven't done so because I don't want to.

dcbaros
01/26/2016, 07:58 PM
I do see it at the very end of the light cycle a few minutes before lights out...depending on which color mode it's in. Also the left puck is a little brighter than the right one at the end of the ramp down. I was told by Kessil, I need to plug the fixture direct to a wall outlet to clean that up.. I haven't done so because I don't want to.

Interesting, I have the same symptoms, contacted kessil, and they gave me a different solution. They said that I had to change the endpoint to 1% and move it to 8:58 (from 9).

sixpackgarage
01/26/2016, 10:51 PM
Interesting, I have the same symptoms, contacted kessil, and they gave me a different solution. They said that I had to change the endpoint to 1% and move it to 8:58 (from 9).

Did it work?

dcbaros
01/27/2016, 07:36 AM
Did it work?

I tried it for the first time last night. It works but only because it prevents the light from trying to dim below 1%. So it technically works but its not what I wanted. 1% is too bright, I have expressed this to kessil. Hopefully others have as well. I will try plugging into the wall and see what that does tonight. And to clarify its not changing the endpoint that they told me to do, it is to add another point before the 0% end point at 8:58.

sixpackgarage
01/27/2016, 07:42 AM
I tried it for the first time last night. It works but only because it prevents the light from trying to dim below 1%. So it technically works but its not what I wanted. 1% is too bright, I have expressed this to kessil. Hopefully others have as well. I will try plugging into the wall and see what that does tonight. And to clarify its not changing the endpoint that they told me to do, it is to add another point before the 0% end point at 8:58.

That makes sense. It's unfortunate that you have to chase the solution when it's so simple. They should have virtual points hidden in the program to force the light to dim according to its capabilities vs. you having to hunt for the sweet spots.

dcbaros
01/27/2016, 07:50 AM
That makes sense. It's unfortunate that you have to chase the solution when it's so simple. They should have virtual points hidden in the program to force the light to dim according to its capabilities vs. you having to hunt for the sweet spots.

They said that they are fixing it on a future update. I am very surprised that this issue was not discovered in testing. What were they doing when testing the light?

sixpackgarage
01/27/2016, 08:58 AM
They said that they are fixing it on a future update. I am very surprised that this issue was not discovered in testing. What were they doing when testing the light?

IMHO they should have had some regular reefers do the beta tests. I found almost all of the issues with the light within the first day, or two of use.