PDA

View Full Version : OffdahooklikeOJ's SPS, Opinions & Feedback Appreciated.

offdahooklikeoj
01/25/2016, 11:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

I Just decided to share some pictures of the SPS I have acquired.
Brief history of my tank first. The tank 1.5 years old, barebottom and was started with all BRS reef saver dry rock and biopellets. Tank cycled for 3 months before fish were slowly added. First SPS introduced to tank 6 months in. All my SPS were grown from .5 - 1" frags/nubs. The tank is 100% pest free as I have a very strict quarantine process (can elaborate later if requested), no coral/rock goes directly into display whatsoever.

Tank - 80gal Deepblue with 30gal Trigger system sump.
Lighting - 3 AI Hydra's with 2 Bulb T5 retrofit kit (CoralPlus bulbs).
Flow - 2 MP40's & 1 Maxspect XF150, Jebao Dc12000
Filtration - Reef Dynamics BPR135, Reef Octopus Diablo DCS 170, Carbon/GFO reactor when needed.
Misc - Neptune Apex, Bubble Magus Dosing Pump (Cal, Alk, Mag).
Parameters (All Stable) - Cal 395, Alk 7.2, Mag 1400, Ph 8.21 - 8.45, Temp 78-79, Phosphate 0.04-0.05, Nitrates I dont test for since I never get measurable readings.
Bioload (Heavy) - 2 Wyoming White Clowns, 2 Chromis, 5 Talbots Damsels, 1 Lawnmower Blenny, 1 Yellow tang, 1 Tomini Tang, 1 Lyetail Anthia, 1 Carberryi Anthia.
Corals - SPS only.

Im not big into SPS names, etc. I typically buy frags thats I find attractive from local reefers. So I would like your thoughts and opinions on growth and colors of my sps so far since they all lived in the same environment for roughly a year (or less) now (Ive gotten the water parameters stable for the past 4 months, Ive raised cal/alk as the tank demanded to maintain parameters).

Ive supplemented with T5's to get better light coverage over the LED's, I ran my T5's for 4hrs a day for the past year, Do you think I should replace bulbs now? Also should I stick with ATI coralplus bulbs?

SPS "names" right to left, Garrets Acropolis Exquisita Version 2 or Berlin Acro, Frogskin, Pink Lemonade, 2 Unknown Acros, Pearlberry.

offdahooklikeoj
01/25/2016, 11:11 PM
More Pics, Sorry for the poor quality of pictures. Using Samsung mobile phone.

SPS names, Pictures right to left

Rommels watermelon upper left, oregon tort, larry johnson valida. Hawkins. Same As picture 1. Red Planet (bleached as a frag, slowly coming back I hope). Another oregon tort, Upscales microlados (only wants to spread and not branch out lol), forest fire digi.

offdahooklikeoj
01/25/2016, 11:19 PM
More Pictures.

random tank shots. Again sorry for poor quality pics.

bobssecrtsn
01/26/2016, 01:22 AM
very nice setup! i would love to see the filtration system on this !

SpSChief85
01/26/2016, 05:19 AM
I would replace the bulbs in 4 more months if you use them only 4 hours a day, I would stick with the coral plus, I'm running 2 coral+, 2 blue+ to suppliment my hydra 52, so your running the regular hydras?

M007
01/26/2016, 05:33 AM
Impressive growth, looking good :thumbsup:

offdahooklikeoj
01/26/2016, 07:47 AM
very nice setup! i would love to see the filtration system on this !

Sure thing, these pictures are when the tank was about 1 year old, reactors have changed since then.

offdahooklikeoj
01/26/2016, 07:52 AM
I would replace the bulbs in 4 more months if you use them only 4 hours a day, I would stick with the coral plus, I'm running 2 coral+, 2 blue+ to suppliment my hydra 52, so your running the regular hydras?

Thanks for the advice, I figured I could get away with keeping the bulbs a little longer since I do not run them for extended periods of time. Yes I run three of the original AI Hydras. I am contemplating adding two more T5s, what do you think? How is your sps growth and colors coming along?

offdahooklikeoj
01/26/2016, 07:53 AM
Impressive growth, looking good :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot bud.

DaveRaz
01/26/2016, 07:58 AM
Your SPS look very nice. Thanks for sharing. my reef is about the same age and our growth rate looks to be pretty similar.

offdahooklikeoj
02/15/2016, 10:50 PM
Full tank shot and side view picture. Only supplemental T5 bulbs (coral plus) on to take pictures.

offdahooklikeoj
05/12/2016, 10:11 PM
Just an updated FTS. 4 months worth of growth from since I started this thread.

MIKE NY
05/12/2016, 10:42 PM
Ryan the tank really is starting to fill out and is looking great! How are corals doing? All of yours are doing well.

mirkus
05/12/2016, 11:41 PM
Just an updated FTS. 4 months worth of growth from since I started this thread.

It's looking good, nice growth.

offdahooklikeoj
05/13/2016, 05:12 PM
Ryan the tank really is starting to fill out and is looking great! How are corals doing? All of yours are doing well.

Thanks alot Mike, All the frags are doing well. The rouge tyree mille is coming back well.