PDA

View Full Version : Marco Rocks

fernalfer
01/26/2016, 12:36 AM
I was going to do a fish less cycle of my 120 gallon tank. I wanted to do the Marco dry rock in the tank. Question is, should I be throwing in a few pieces of live rock to help the process along or does that matter? Also what the best stuff to dose the tank with to help the process?

bmrigs
01/26/2016, 05:19 AM
When I started my tank with marco rocks I just put them in there and used the ammonia cloride he provided for me to seed the tank while its going through its cycle.

CStrickland
01/26/2016, 09:40 AM
Since Marco rocks don't have any nitrifying bacteria on them to start with, it can help a lot to seed them with a chunk of live rock, or some bacteria in a bottle. Otherwise you have to wait for it to start from scratch with bacteria in the environment. You don't need to dose anything during the cycle after you get a couple ppm of ammonia in there from a bottle or something meaty like fish food or shrimp.

fernalfer
01/26/2016, 04:03 PM
Ok so maybe adding a few pieces of live rock in with the Marco Rock is a good idea. And Bmrigs you say he sends the amonia chloride with the Marco rock order?