PDA

View Full Version : 48" PhotonV2 pricing?

Savant
01/29/2016, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the heads up email on the V2! I went to the website but didnt see any pricing on a 48" photonV2. BTW this unit looks awesome :bounce3:

Savant
01/30/2016, 06:37 AM
Introducing the Photon V2

The next generation of reef lighting.
The Photon series is our flagship line of lights, and the second generation of the Photons brings many of the features customers have requested since the release of the original.

The new Photon V2 is packed with new features and improvements:

Wireless 6-channel controller
5 watt Cree XT-E LEDs and 3 Watt Cree/Semi/Osram diodes
All Aluminum case
Built in mounting legs
Temperature controlled fans
2-Year USA warranty

You can order the new Photon V2 in sizes from 16" to 48" directly through our website, limited quantities are in stock!

Reef_Breeders
01/31/2016, 04:35 PM
$649.99, due next week!

Savant
02/01/2016, 05:29 AM
Thanks Logan!

rollers
02/01/2016, 07:01 AM
Ordered 2 V2 photon 24 inch on Sunday afternoon I received confirmation Sunday night that they are shipped out Monday !! now that's service !! Thanks Logan ..

rollers
02/01/2016, 08:12 AM
Ordered 2 V2 photon 24 inch on Sunday afternoon I received confirmation Sunday night that they are shipped out Monday !! now that's GREAT service !! Thanks Logan ..

rjallen
02/02/2016, 01:19 PM
Logan
Seems like a great upgrade for the Photon. Couple of questions.
1. I really liked your work on spectrum and your Photons had your specifications as to LED colors and numbers. I see we cannot get the V2 with a custom configuration but are your V2s have your choice of LED colors?

2. Is there or will there be WIFI or Bluetooth connectivity coupled to an app to program lighting schedules/ intensities? I understand each of the 6 channels can be configured separately. What is the time interval for adjusting intensity of light?

4. Will there be any type of upgrade path for my early model Photon48?

For others, my unit has worked flawlessly for almost 3 years now.

Thanks

RJ

reefiness
02/02/2016, 08:54 PM
I would be interested in an upgrade package as well.

Savant
02/03/2016, 08:51 AM
+1 on the upgrade loyal customer path....:dance: lol

fed.gallardo
02/03/2016, 09:09 AM
ooo...upgrade path? That would be pretty sweet!

Reef_Breeders
02/05/2016, 12:18 PM
Logan
Seems like a great upgrade for the Photon. Couple of questions.
1. I really liked your work on spectrum and your Photons had your specifications as to LED colors and numbers. I see we cannot get the V2 with a custom configuration but are your V2s have your choice of LED colors?

2. Is there or will there be WIFI or Bluetooth connectivity coupled to an app to program lighting schedules/ intensities? I understand each of the 6 channels can be configured separately. What is the time interval for adjusting intensity of light?

4. Will there be any type of upgrade path for my early model Photon48?

For others, my unit has worked flawlessly for almost 3 years now.

Thanks

RJ

1. Yes, I added my own improvements to the factory layout, 5500K nuetral whites and more blues and violets were added from the default layout. Since these are Cree LEDs, they are so much smaller than the bridgelux that they can't really be soldered by hand. We can do the soldering in-house, but it has to be in small numbers. We may offer custom layouts made-to-order with a 2-3 week lead time.

2. Possibly, the controller uses wifi now so there may be an upgrade to hook it up to an app at some point. Right now each channel can be changed every hour.

3. At this time we don't plan on an upgrade path. The components are so different that they just won't integrate, a bridgelux light with internal power supplies is a whole different setup from a Cree light with an external power input. These are big changes - the entire fixture is brand new.