PDA

View Full Version : I am in need of some help here with a tank choice.

junior2101
01/29/2016, 10:51 AM
So heres the thing I am stuck between 3 tanks atm my choices are between the nuvo fusion 40, the jbj 45, and the sca 50\66. Price really isnt the issue as all three tanks will likely come out around the same price when everything is said and done. The pros for me on the Jbj is really just how clean it looks and the 5 inch back compartment as opposed to the 4 inch in the nuvo as well as the 3 extra inches in width. For the Nuvo it really just comes down to the low iron glass for me. It is really the only advantage as I like just about everything on the Jbj 45 better with the exeption of glass clarity. Then we have the sca tanks. Now the option to go slightly largwr here is a plus for sure and it also has starphire on 3 panels but I have experienced that tanks with a sump are typicaly loweder and it would leave almost no room underneath for stuff like an ato reservoir and other equipment. I am really at a crossroads and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any and all help. I am also nervous about scratching the starphire as well.

Sk8r
01/29/2016, 11:04 AM
I have starphire and no scratches: I recommend the TUnze Care magnet as being the one that doesn't pick up sand. I'd always recommend larger tanks for people who like fish more than corals. For ato, I'd get one of those decor baskets and set it next the stand with a five gallon bucket in it, with a fake potted palm or the like atop---or a table, or whatever. You can conceal most anything in adjacent furniture.

A.Astore
01/29/2016, 01:09 PM
I have SCA's 150 system and I can honestly say I love it. Yeah, you gain a little noise over an all in one cube type system; but, you benefit with the space the sump gives you to work with at the same time. If you do go with SCA, Steve won't let you be disappointed in your purchase. He is a company owner that understands how to make sure a customer leaves happy (and I swear he never sleeps).

mvallee_ma
01/30/2016, 06:03 AM
+1 on the Tunze Care magnet, I have not scratched my tank yet with it but lots of little unexplained scratches when I was using the regular type magnetic glass cleaners.