PDA

View Full Version : Very pale clown

Sammeyrama
01/30/2016, 09:30 AM
I have two phantom flows and a RBTA that have had issues coexisting. The larger clown will relentlessly pick on the smaller one of it gets anywhere near the nem. I've noticed he's been looking a little stressed (not as brightly colored, top fin slightly ragged and a little pale). This morning I turned on the lights and he was so pale I thought he was dead and his lips are white. I turned up the oxygen in the tank and added some probiotics to the tank. Any idea what's doing this to him? Is it an illness or the other clown?

Daniel62
01/31/2016, 01:37 PM
picture would help, but does sound like he is sick

shifty51008
01/31/2016, 02:02 PM
Agreed a pic would help alot. I wouldnt put meds or anything in the tank, setup a hospital tank if you need to treat the clown or any fish otherwise you run the risk of killing your corals and inverts as alot of meds arnt reef safe and some that say they are wont work to treat the fish.

avoidtheboyd
01/31/2016, 02:17 PM
One of my clowns seemed to be going through about the same issue. Ragged fin, not eating, paleish and lethargic etc… Set up a hospital tank with fresh clean saltwater and started melafix to just try to help stave off infection and after two days in the hospital tank he's gotten a lot more active and eating well. Might be a good idea to isolate him for a few days then reintroduce if you are worried about him.