PDA

View Full Version : Setting up ghl slave doser

mulcahyjohn
01/30/2016, 11:56 AM
Please could anyone help me in setting up the ghl slave doser as in this one in the picture below 340626 I'm having great difficulty in controlling it with the profilux 3.1t as in when it should switch on and off

ReefRockerLive
02/01/2016, 08:15 AM
First, plug it into the S port on the Profilux and configure the numbering of the dosing pump.

You can do that by going into the "Socket Functions" page and selecting the option that says "Program digital powerbar or dosing unit". From that screen, you can set the numbering of the dosing pump.

From example, if you have a 6D powerbar, the powerbar would be numbered 1-6, and the slave doser would be assigned numbers 7-10.

Once you've done that, you can disconnect the doser from the S port on the Profilux and connect it to an S port on the Powerbar.

mulcahyjohn
02/03/2016, 09:45 AM
First, plug it into the S port on the Profilux and configure the numbering of the dosing pump.

You can do that by going into the "Socket Functions" page and selecting the option that says "Program digital powerbar or dosing unit". From that screen, you can set the numbering of the dosing pump.

From example, if you have a 6D powerbar, the powerbar would be numbered 1-6, and the slave doser would be assigned numbers 7-10.

Once you've done that, you can disconnect the doser from the S port on the Profilux and connect it to an S port on the Powerbar.

First of all thanks for the reply so do you mean I plug the doser into the red socket on the back of the profilux does it matter which socket I use as there's 2 of them and when it comes to programming the doser I select socket functions then dosing unit in the program digital powerbar section, now in the manual for the doser it states that digital imput/output must not be activated would you know what that means if so how do I go about setting it to the correct setting and how would I go about setting the doser to go on and off I'm using the 6D uk powerbar not sure if it's digital and also could I leave the doser connected directly to the profilux instead of been connected to the 6D uk powerbar thanks for your help, john

Vinny@GHLUSA
02/03/2016, 10:11 AM
Please refer to this thread for getting your doser connected:
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?10960-Connect-Multiple-power-bars