PDA

View Full Version : led light doesn't have on power memory

johnfallon135
01/31/2016, 04:42 PM
i got this led light that came with my aio package however i can't put my led light on a timer because once it shuts off i have to manually press the on button on the remote controller in order to turn it back on. would anyone have any idea how to wire it so it could just stay on that way i could use a timer to control it?

bws
01/31/2016, 05:23 PM
bypass the switch on the light and just have it turn on off with the timer. you would have to pull the switch out and see what it has for wiring.. should be just 2 wires power in and power out connect em together.

johnfallon135
01/31/2016, 08:16 PM
i just opened it i see 3 wires. i'm guessing one is for attinic the other day light and the last ground? could i wire the attinic and daylight to the positive together and ground to the negative?

bws
01/31/2016, 09:46 PM
there is not usualy a ground wire involved in a switch.. i hate to tell you to do something and have you burn up the light or worse...should get a multi meter and do some testing i suppose.. i would think its a hot wire in to the switch and like you said another wire for the switched out to each set of bulbs