PDA

View Full Version : New Litermeter user. Questions please.

fessoclown
01/31/2016, 06:33 PM
Hi There,
I just made a trade with a fellow reefer for a never used litremeter 3 unit. I intend to use it to dose Kalk for now and then expand to set up an AWC system.

I just unboxed it and decided to try to move some RODI from a bucket to my ATO reservoir. When I fired it up the unit began to emit a high pitched hum noise... it got louder and louder so I shut it down.

I looked in the box and found the "PLEASE READ THIS FIRST" note that suggested I look to see if the rollers were spinning.

I turned it back on and yes the rollers are spinning and the hum had stopped. It primed and began to transfer water BUT there is a serious vibration. The RO tubes are shaking, not just a little but major shaking....

Is this "normal"?

Somehow I doubt it.

I am going to try the open it up and re-orient the rollers trick....

Just thought I'd post and get some guidance.

I look forward to having my new toy all set up and going!

SpectraPure
02/01/2016, 01:17 AM
It could be that air is making it vibrate while it primes. Also did you have the input on the side that doesn't have the fitting?

Jeremy

fessoclown
02/01/2016, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the response.

I have the input/output correctly set up. I ran 5 gallons of RODI through it last night. The initial hum noise went away but the vibration is still happening. It shakes pretty hard. It's the tubing that vibrates not the unit. Perhaps it's normal.

I did take it apart and align the rollers.

I packed it up before bed, I will set it up again today and it the shaking continues I will take a little video to see if it's normal. It's not making a terrible amount of noise in any case.... just shaking the tubes.

fessoclown
02/01/2016, 07:40 AM
I just thought of this, on the output the water exiting seems to not be a constant stream but is broken up like a machine gun.

fessoclown
02/02/2016, 07:20 PM
So I have calibrated and installed my new Litermeter. A happy addition to the system. It is now pretty quiet and the vibration while still present seems to have calmed down a wee bit.

I watched a video on youtube and it seems like the vibration is "normal".
Can someone confirm that the output water doesn't come out in a nice constant stream and is broken up like a machine gun?

Cheers!

SpectraPure
02/02/2016, 10:04 PM
Yes this can happen. Mine on the output is like a machine gun as well. As long as you calibrated both pumps to EXACTLY 500 ml. You are good my friend. Thank you very much for your loyal support!

JEremy