PDA

View Full Version : VMD cable loose for Tunze 6105 Connector

Nrupaw
01/31/2016, 09:08 PM
I use the VDM cable to control my 2 Tunze 6105s. Recently the 5 pin VDM plugs keeps popping out from the tunze connector. Seems like the connection of the plug is very loose. If i manually hold the plug tightly into the connector, everything works fine. but if i let it go, the VDM cable just falls out form the Tunze connector and the tunze is no longer controlling the apex.

any ideas on how i make it a tighter connection/sung fit? any other solution?

just seems like the plug isnt the right size for the connection...

RussM
01/31/2016, 10:05 PM
On some Tunze pumps, the female DIN5 seems to recessed more than on others. Use a razor blade or exacto knife to trim about 1/16" off the jacket of the plug. This will allow the plug to seat better in those recessed jacks.

Nrupaw
01/31/2016, 10:08 PM
On some Tunze pumps, the female DIN5 seems to recessed more than on others. Use a razor blade or exacto knife to trim about 1/16" off the jacket of the plug. This will allow the plug to seat better in those recessed jacks.

Will give that a shot. thanks

Nrupaw
02/01/2016, 03:59 PM

Worked like a charm. Used an exacto knife to trim a little bit of the plastic jacket... and the DIN 5 connector holds. Thank you!