PDA

View Full Version : I made amistake

kukulkan
01/31/2016, 11:56 PM
I got an lyretail anthias last week, I did lots of reading about compatibility with each other, and other species , feeding and behavior .So I went ahead and I got another one, and now is over they been fighting for the last couple of hrs for Peking order or whatever , the new comer is nowhere to be found now , most likely is going to die. My question and concern is how much damage will create in my water quality , I have a 75g. :mad2:

thegrun
01/31/2016, 11:59 PM
A single fish in a 75 gallon system should not cause an ammonia spike, I would be much more concerned over the possibility of the fish having been diseased, di you quarantine it?

kukulkan
02/01/2016, 01:09 AM
ok cool, no quarantine , the fish look healthy they feed it at the lfs, no spots of any kind , the problem was as soon as I introduce it fight fight!! , and I could see her getting really stressed. , hope is just hiding!!

snorvich
02/01/2016, 06:11 AM
ok cool, no quarantine , the fish look healthy they feed it at the lfs, no spots of any kind , the problem was as soon as I introduce it fight fight!! , and I could see her getting really stressed. , hope is just hiding!!

Two males would be incompatible. I suggest quarantine of all fish if you want to be successful in this hobby.

TimeConsumer
02/01/2016, 06:18 AM
Two males would be incompatible. I suggest quarantine of all fish if you want to be successful in this hobby.

So true. You can get a used 10g tank and filter for less than the cost of one fish, a QT tank will save you a lot of heartache.