PDA

View Full Version : help with Kessil A360w night setting

ageno125
02/01/2016, 08:13 AM
I just purchased a A306W and the kessil controller.

My question is:
since you can only programs by 5% increment's. Is it ok to light your lights go complete off at night, completely dark?
my clowns looked goofy this morning, hanging out in a sport they usually don't hovering on the back wall with the nose point to the sand..

My old LED light had a moonlight option where only three LEDs went on. the kessil at 5% is pretty bright IMO for a moonlight.

RedStangGA
02/01/2016, 09:20 AM
No concerns not having a "moon light". Ran an A360W over a 60 cube for 1.5 years without issue.

ca1ore
02/01/2016, 09:26 AM
Moonlight is not necessary. Agree that the 360 does not dim down enough to be a practical moonlight.

ageno125
02/02/2016, 01:21 PM
its just so weird how they started acting differently

NedFlounders
02/02/2016, 01:36 PM
I have the same light and have my controller turn it off at 9pm. Recently I added a Tunze controller with the moonlight function. However regardless if the moonlight feature is on, the clowns are retarded at night. I'll find craters in the sand bed where they've mindlessly hovered all night, or swimming vertically in the corners of the tank. They just do weird things. I wouldn't over think their behavior.

zachfishman
02/02/2016, 08:47 PM
I have the same light and have my controller turn it off at 9pm. Recently I added a Tunze controller with the moonlight function. However regardless if the moonlight feature is on, the clowns are retarded at night. I'll find craters in the sand bed where they've mindlessly hovered all night, or swimming vertically in the corners of the tank. They just do weird things. I wouldn't over think their behavior.

+1 My clowns hover vertically in the tank corners at night too.