PDA

View Full Version : when power goes out

crankbait09
02/02/2016, 09:55 AM
This is a question for people that have there tanks plugged in to a GFI outlet.

When the power is restored from a power outage of any time.....does everyting turn back on as if nothing happened, or does that GFI outlet need reset before power is restored?

(I have not lost power yet, just planning for it)

thegrun
02/02/2016, 09:56 AM
They do not need to be reset.

Sk8r
02/02/2016, 02:04 PM
If a GFI pops its button, Unplug Everything from that socket before pushing the button in.

If however it is a general power interruption, the button will not ordinarily pop. If it does, you might have a look at the equipment plugged into that socket, searching for a reason it popped.

crankbait09
02/02/2016, 02:06 PM
thank you

hkgar
02/02/2016, 03:53 PM
More importantly would be - how are you going to maintain the power needed for pumps and heaters with a power loss. The least of my concerns would be the GFI. Circulation is critical to maintain O2 through gas exchange.

Lost power in FL because of a huricane and had no back up plan. Never thought of it. Lost everything in the tank within 24 hours. I now have a 6000 Watt stand by generator.

crankbait09
02/02/2016, 03:58 PM
I have a 1800w generator for this reason........if power goes out I know I have time to get home if need be to plug everything in.

I was only asking for the reason if the power goes out, then comes back on, and I'm not home, would that button have to be reset.