PDA

View Full Version : Apex WAV for 40 Breeder?

SkullV
02/02/2016, 12:12 PM
Does anyone run a pair of WAV pumps on a 40 breeder? I am currently running a pair of Jebao RW8 and while I have had no problems with any of my Jebao pumps (more than I can say for their dosers), I like the idea of the One Link system and having everything accessible through the Fusion portal. My main concerns are:

Will these pumps be too much flow for a 40 Breeder even at their lowest setting (see FTS below for aquascape)?
Will these pumps provide the type of undertow that I used to get with my Ecotech MP40s?
Will these pumps be as quiet as my Tunze pumps were?
Will these pumps be as "maintenance free" as my Ecotech/Tunze pumps were?

I know sometimes people use a certain pump but plan their aquascape in a manner which would break up and/or diffuse flow. I do not want to change my aquascape so that is also an important consideration. Here is the current FTS (tank has been up approximately 3 months):

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/rockyrubicon/Fish%20Tank/40g%20Breeder/C9F89EC2-5E01-4244-86AE-8E307F3C3415_zpsmdbwmvxk.jpg

Thanks for your help!

sixpackgarage
02/04/2016, 11:55 AM
dude, no way. I couldn't run the WAVs in my 65G.. way too powerful. Even at 1% power, it was blowing corals all over the place.

SkullV
02/04/2016, 12:14 PM
dude, no way. I couldn't run the WAVs in my 65G.. way too powerful. Even at 1% power, it was blowing corals all over the place.

Well that sucks.

sixpackgarage
02/04/2016, 12:19 PM
Well that sucks.

Really sucks for me.. I spent almost $500 to find that out..

I already had one MP10. My plan was to take that out and use the WAV. After not being able to use them, I converted my MP10 to wireless and bought another wireless MP10 which are now under Neptune control.. super happy now.. expensive lesson..

Have not had any success trying to sell the WAVs off.

Dmorty217
02/04/2016, 12:23 PM
Like mentioned above no way. The WAV is more powerful than a MP40 on 100%. The setup Neptune had at MACNA showed the comparison really well.

SkullV
02/04/2016, 12:54 PM
Really sucks for me.. I spent almost $500 to find that out..

I already had one MP10. My plan was to take that out and use the WAV. After not being able to use them, I converted my MP10 to wireless and bought another wireless MP10 which are now under Neptune control.. super happy now.. expensive lesson..

Have not had any success trying to sell the WAVs off.

Yeah, looks like a pair of MP40wQDs and a WXM in my future then.