PDA

View Full Version : JBJ ato is driving me crazy

pompeyjohn
02/02/2016, 01:50 PM
It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. The float switch is unobstructed. I am "running" it with sensor 1 in the sump, no sensor 2, and mode A. Anyone experienced the same?

Mike321
02/02/2016, 02:35 PM
Mine does the same thing. The float switch signals the pump to turn on but for whatever reason the controller doesn't send power to the pump. The only thing I've done to fix this is just to have my apex cycle the power to the jbj controller. So it's on for 30 minutes and then turns off for a second then back on.

CIRCLE10
02/02/2016, 02:53 PM
Been having same issue with mine, if I manually open and close float switch #1,jbj controller resets and works like nothing ever happened..

jmm
02/02/2016, 02:59 PM
I just recently bought a new one. The old one worked perfectly for three years so, since they are so cheap, I figured a new one would last me another three years.

After installing the new one, I noticed the mode switch on the side of the old one had been moved to Mode B, which is not the position for the sensor locations I chose. After moving the mode switch on the old one back to position A, it worked as well as it ever had. I guess my unplugging the pump and moving the "brain" had allowed the switch to be moved when I replaced the unit on the stored fresh water reservoir.

User error, plain and simple. Understandable only because I hadn't read the instructions for three years and had forgotten about the mode switch. I don't know about your setup, but I would run sensor 2 just like the instructions say. Put it in the topoff reservoir and it should work in Mode A. Try it, you'll like it.

cardiffgiant
02/02/2016, 04:43 PM
It has a failsafe that turns the pump off after 10 minutes or so. Depending on how big your sump is and how fast your pump is, you might need more time than that. Similar to Mike, I used to use a timer with mine to cylce the power every 15 minutes.