PDA

View Full Version : Ammonia up .25 to .50 not happy

Kinger7727
02/02/2016, 04:23 PM
Lost one fish already the two change's are added a new pump moved alot of sand around the tank. The other thing I noticed my sump light wasn't on . I don't know how long it was off for. My ceto used to be really bright green. Now it looks very dull green and a little gray. I think this is the cause. Should I remove the cheto and get some more or will it come back and stop polluting my tank. In the process of doing water change's to get the ammonia down . help!!!!

bertoni
02/02/2016, 07:53 PM
I would dose some Prime or Amquel right away. Some water changes are a good idea, too, especially if any animals still are having trouble. I probably would leave the Chaetomorpha as is, since it might recover and consume ammonia. If it starts to decay, it can be removed, but unless there's a lot of it, the decay process probably won't hurt much.

Kinger7727
02/02/2016, 11:19 PM
Thanks soooo much. I had a second fish my original snowflake clown laying on his side this morning. I noticed after a20% water change he is doing much better .I'll ad prime now. Thanks again. I hate loosing fish I hope this resolve s the issue

bertoni
02/02/2016, 11:34 PM
You're welcome. I hope your clownfish recovers!

Member No. 1
02/03/2016, 04:22 AM
Lost one fish already the two change's are added a new pump moved alot of sand around the tank. The other thing I noticed my sump light wasn't on . I don't know how long it was off for. My ceto used to be really bright green. Now it looks very dull green and a little gray. I think this is the cause. Should I remove the cheto and get some more or will it come back and stop polluting my tank. In the process of doing water change's to get the ammonia down . help!!!!
I will have to add, this is also why you had an ammonia spike.