PDA

View Full Version : ati sunpower with led...

JohnnyHildo
02/02/2016, 06:21 PM
i'm a couple of weeks away from getting my 8 bulb 48" sunpower and came to the realization that i haven't really considered what bulbs i'm going to go with.
through the advice of the wisdom on this forum i'm hoping to arrive at a decision on what colors to buy and also hoped to incorporate a couple of led bulbs as well but have no idea what kind to buy or the order all of these should sit for optimal results.
any advice is appreciated constructive or otherwise haha!

biecacka
02/03/2016, 12:32 AM
i'm a couple of weeks away from getting my 8 bulb 48" sunpower and came to the realization that i haven't really considered what bulbs i'm going to go with.
through the advice of the wisdom on this forum i'm hoping to arrive at a decision on what colors to buy and also hoped to incorporate a couple of led bulbs as well but have no idea what kind to buy or the order all of these should sit for optimal results.
any advice is appreciated constructive or otherwise haha!

Many ppl go with the the buildmyled strips that mount to the sides or could be fixed in the middle by removing a bulb I think. You can also DIY a led strip but buying one might be easier depending on your DIY skills.

Corey

JohnnyHildo
02/03/2016, 08:23 AM
Many ppl go with the the buildmyled strips that mount to the sides or could be fixed in the middle by removing a bulb I think. You can also DIY a led strip but buying one might be easier depending on your DIY skills.

Corey
i suppose that would be a good way to go. i'd buy the ati powermodule but i'm not sure i'm ready to be single again :lmao:

Mester320
02/03/2016, 09:48 AM
Just get the ReefBrite XHO. They are a direct bolt on to the ATI fixtures

Mester320
02/03/2016, 09:52 AM
See this post for additional info and pictures
http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/327536-kdrofs-shallow-reef/page-5

Polyp Addict
02/03/2016, 10:41 AM
Im thinking about switching out of my Kessil to go back to T5's. Hoping to buy an ATI fixture

kc350twin
02/03/2016, 11:06 AM
My first question would be what kind of tank? SPS,LPS,MIXED?

By the time you bought a 8 Bulb sunpower and two RB XHO's you might as weel buy a LED PM. Still a ton of cash.

Judging by your Signature you have a standard 120 and with 8 bulbs you not really need LED's so one strip may work or 2 standard RB strips would be fine.

If it were my light I'd do 2 Actinic, 2 Coral+, 4 Blue+ and the 1 or 2 ReefBrites on the sides. It will be a ton of light and may need to raise it up high or run a limited light schedule.

JohnnyHildo
02/03/2016, 12:36 PM
My first question would be what kind of tank? SPS,LPS,MIXED?

By the time you bought a 8 Bulb sunpower and two RB XHO's you might as weel buy a LED PM. Still a ton of cash.

Judging by your Signature you have a standard 120 and with 8 bulbs you not really need LED's so one strip may work or 2 standard RB strips would be fine.

If it were my light I'd do 2 Actinic, 2 Coral+, 4 Blue+ and the 1 or 2 ReefBrites on the sides. It will be a ton of light and may need to raise it up high or run a limited light schedule.
my plan is to have a mixed tank with some zoanthids, a couple of lps corals and i can see myself trying an acropora as well.
yes it is a standard 120.
i was thinking an 8 bulb fixture based on the advice of the forum but at the time hadn't had my mind made up on an led component which i would really like to have. i wonder if a 6 bulb is more suited for my needs then? i do know from previous freshwater tanks that i prefer to have the tank lit up as much as i can so a limited photoperiod doesn't sound appealing.