PDA

View Full Version : What To Do When A Bag Will Not Seal


AZRippster
02/03/2016, 07:29 AM
I just opened a new bag of the Silica Buster (2nd part) resin this past weekend and the bag will not reseal. The zip lock will not latch no matter what I try. It's one of the BIG bags that will not fit into a gallon zip lock. I don't want the resin to dry out so your advice will be greatly appreciated.

SpectraPure
02/03/2016, 01:24 PM
I just opened a new bag of the Silica Buster (2nd part) resin this past weekend and the bag will not reseal. The zip lock will not latch no matter what I try. It's one of the BIG bags that will not fit into a gallon zip lock. I don't want the resin to dry out so your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cut below the ziplock all the way across. Grab an iron. Play with the heat. Start off low heat. Once you find the temp that wont melt the bag you can seal up 95% of it leaving 5% one side. Exhaust the air from the bag, and pinch the end that is open to prevent air from getting back in. As you let go of the one side that is open, quickly place the iron over the last 5 percent to seal it 100%. The iron will take both sides of the bag to be heated to seal together at the top

We use a heat sealer press here to seal those bags. The iron or other heating element will get the job done.

The easier option would be to cut below the zip-tie. roll the bag up and wrap it with saran wrap. Once it is rolled up real good place the bag upside down on a shelf.

Jeremy

Jeremy