PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on a one year old tank

Maswired
02/04/2016, 08:06 PM
I have a 20 gal Nano. My Protein skimmer is not working consistently. I have a phosphate reactor running. Both the skimmer and the phosphate reactor are inside the DT. I would love some ideas of what the replace my skimmer with. I need a new skimmer and possibly a way to run carbon. I have a stray bubble anemone growing on a frag and I think it might be safest to run carbon as it grows. Any suggestions are most appreciated! The tank is one years old. My parameters are spot on with the exception of .06 phosphate. Another water change this week will help. I was running a cannister filter for the carbon and phosban and purigen but I thought it might be contributing to my phosphate troubles. I have lots of hair alfae that I am brushing off the rocks and skimming out with a small fish net once a week. I need to improve the system for sure! Any ideas are most welcome!

Maswired
02/04/2016, 08:13 PM
Here is a picture of the bubble anemone. I fraged the sympodium a little while a go so it is in recovery. The anemone has melted a few stalks of the sympodium so I moved a bunch of it to another rock. This has me thinking some sort of carbon would be helpful. Anemones are fickle drama queens!