PDA

View Full Version : Have XM bulbs been discontinued?

overexposed
02/05/2016, 08:53 AM
Hey everyone, I am wondering if anyone knows what happened to XM bulbs? I am running 3x400w XM 20k's over my tank and it is time for their yearly replacement, but I can't find them in stock at any of the usual online storefronts. I found reference to them being discontinued at one site, but after hours and hours of Googling I can't find any official news about them being discontinued or becoming otherwise unavailable. If you look at the XM website it hasn't been updated to indicate that their business has changed at all, they still list the full range of bulbs under their product list.

So does anyone know what the deal is? Is someplace where we can still purchase 400w XM bulbs?? Are they discontinued, or simply backordered due to a manufacturing problem? I know they were beloved bulbs by many a reefkeeper, so I am shocked that they are unavailable in every store I've checked, yet I haven't been able to find any official information about them being discontinued.

shifty51008
02/05/2016, 09:41 AM
yes xm is out of busniess.

check out hamilton bulbs, been running them for a few years and i like them alot and at a great price.

overexposed
02/05/2016, 11:16 AM
Darn! That is not what I wanted to hear :(