PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with my Bubble Blaster Pump

CowDoc09
02/06/2016, 10:28 AM
My BB pump has been working great on my SRO-1000 for quite some time. This morning I shut it off for a brief period. When I started it back up, it is not really producing foam like it was 15 minutes beforehand. I have checked the airline and it is clear.

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

outy
02/06/2016, 10:54 AM
take it apart and clean it to find out.

mborn
02/06/2016, 10:55 AM
It may not be the pump. Check the plastic fitting that screws on to the front of the pump where the air intake tube connects and air is drawn in to the pump, the piece that connects the front of the pump to the skimmer body. Make sure there are no obstructions like tube snails/worms. If you look inside of it, there's like a small pipe inside of it. If there's anything growing or stuck in there, around the perimeter, foam production is diminished. Clean it out so it's smooth. I had to do that with mine and foam production went back to normal.

CowDoc09
02/06/2016, 11:18 AM
Well I checked the connections, and then took the face of the pump off. The impeller looked to be in good shape and everything seemed normal. Put it all back together and get this. . . . Still no foam

I don't know

CowDoc09
02/06/2016, 03:47 PM
Just let it run without foam for about 3 hours, and it started getting better. Now it's back to normal.

“She falls down a well, her eyes go cross. She gets kicked by a mule. They go back. I don’t know.”

Member No. 1
02/06/2016, 08:25 PM
It may not be the pump. Check the plastic fitting that screws on to the front of the pump where the air intake tube connects and air is drawn in to the pump, the piece that connects the front of the pump to the skimmer body. Make sure there are no obstructions like tube snails/worms. If you look inside of it, there's like a small pipe inside of it. If there's anything growing or stuck in there, around the perimeter, foam production is diminished. Clean it out so it's smooth. I had to do that with mine and foam production went back to normal.

+1 If I see a decrease in foam, first place I look is inside the front cover that's screwed on. It's usually built up calcium.
One other thing that happened, one day I shut it off, upon restating, very little to no foam. Come to find out there was an issue where the needle wheel impeller can come loose from the shaft. I called, they knew about it, asked for my serial no. sent me a new one. So while waiting for the new one to arrive, I figured WTH, I superglued it. One year later the new one is still on the shelf, old glued one running strong.

CowDoc09
02/08/2016, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the input. If it happens again, I'll check the impeller/shaft.

vette.tech
02/08/2016, 08:21 AM
Lol at the Xmas vaca reference

CowDoc09
02/08/2016, 07:43 PM
:lmao: