PDA

View Full Version : Mp40 QD manufactured Feb 2015 pump failure

sinful
02/07/2016, 04:53 PM
This morning I woke up to my 11 month old (purchased release date March 1) mp40 QD blinking Red and Green I keep my wet side clean and knew that couldn't be the problem. I tried removing it and restarting, I could feel the pump try to turn but it immediately went to blinking again. I tried a hard reset and that didn't help either.

It's under warranty so I'm hoping there won't be any issues getting this replaced. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

sinful
02/07/2016, 04:56 PM
I should also mention this has put me in a bind with flow. It's the only pump I have. I guess I'm gonna need to buy a backup pump. I figured a pump this expensive would be little risk. Return pump is now my only flow!

CODE3EMT
02/08/2016, 12:02 AM
Clean it again...... and clean it good......and I mean good. Use a toothbrush and clean it..... Don't just soak it in vinegar.......clean it. Also inspect the white ceramic coating on the shaft, look for chips or areas that have peeled off or cracked off. The warning light you are getting means the wet side is not wanting to spin freely.

CODE3EMT
02/08/2016, 12:16 AM
Really look at the shaft for abnormal wear...... It sucks but it happens. Look for anything that could cause the prop not to spin, check the hub on the outter cage where the ceramic shafts rides in the little hole. Check and recheck, then after that clean it again. LOL. I'm telling you these damn things get jammed and sends a signal to shut the motor down to prevent damage to the dry side. You may need a new wet side unfortunately.

Member No. 1
02/08/2016, 04:41 AM
Try it with the wet side unattached. If you still get the fault, that would rule out the wet side.

sinful
02/08/2016, 05:22 AM
Try it with the wet side unattached. If you still get the fault, that would rule out the wet side.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The pump will not run even without the wet side attached. It tries, but immediately goes to blinking red/green. The wet side also spins very freely when not attached.

CODE3EMT
02/08/2016, 08:36 AM
If that's the case then you will need to send it back ASAP. Dry side is prob done.... Sorry man.

sinful
02/08/2016, 09:50 AM
Yea unfortunately I think that's the case. So now my tank has zero flow other than the return!

water is wet
02/08/2016, 09:57 AM
You should contact them directly they will ship you out a replacement pretty quickly IME.

CODE3EMT
02/08/2016, 01:59 PM
EcoTechs customer service is excellent, however I find their shipping to be lacking. Ground shipping takes almost 6 to 7 days here in California. No way they should fail that quick.......manufacture defect IMO....... unless there was abuse or moisture in the dayside. You shouldn't have to buy a $349.00 new pump at less than 1 year old.

sinful
02/08/2016, 05:38 PM
as a quick update, they are sending me a new dry side. As much as I'm upset about the defective pump, its about the best I could ask for, considering..

water is wet
02/08/2016, 05:40 PM
I noticed in another thread you said you had contacted them. How long did they say for a replacement? My guess is tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

sinful
02/08/2016, 06:41 PM
no clue on time. He said I would get an email with tracking info when it was on its way. I haven't gotten that email yet though. I'll keep the thread updated.

sinful
02/12/2016, 09:14 PM
So I received the replacement dry side today. Monday to Friday not bad. Wetside sure does seem noises now though. Wonder if it's just from cleaning it real good?