PDA

View Full Version : tunze nano ato .....

chilli_reef
02/07/2016, 10:04 PM
Can I use a tunze nano auto top off on my 75g reef ?
I get MAYBE a gallon to a gallon and a half (lights on a ambient temp around 74) evap a day.

chilli_reef
02/07/2016, 10:25 PM
Any takers ?
I wanna get this ball rolling tonight if it'll work....

Opus123
02/08/2016, 01:51 AM
Yes you can. The regular and nano ATO use the same pump. I've had the regular one going on my 75gal tank for 7 or 8 years. The regular one is more because it has the controller and the extra sensor to shut off the ATO if the water gets too high.

chilli_reef
02/08/2016, 03:49 AM
If it gets to high ?
Wth ! Lol ! How does it shut off using the nano ?

davehead86
02/08/2016, 08:37 AM
If it gets to high ?
Wth ! Lol ! How does it shut off using the nano ?

The nano uses a float switch to control the unit and when the water comes on and turns off. This can become encrusted with salt creep if not properly maintained.

The other tunze ato has an optical sensor and the float switch. The optical sensor is used as the primary control and the float switch is used as a backup in case the optical sensor fails or the pump continues to run. It shuts everything off and sounds an alarm.

personally I think spending the money on the full bore unit is well worth it when talking about auto top off systems.

Opus123
02/08/2016, 10:40 AM
The nano also has a time limit so the controller will shut the pump off if that time is exceeded. It can be changed from 1.8 minutes to 3 minutes. This might be the only thing that could keep it from working on a 75gal tank. The instructions say 55gal as the max but I don't see why it wouldn't work on a 75gal tank. Mine runs for maybe 30 seconds at most when it comes on so I would think you would have to have some serious evaporation to get to 3 minutes. My top off is a 5 gallon bucket and I have to refill it every 4 or 5 days.

chilli_reef
02/08/2016, 09:37 PM
Sweet.
Thanks guys.

NyReefNoob
02/09/2016, 07:58 AM
The nano also has a time limit so the controller will shut the pump off if that time is exceeded. It can be changed from 1.8 minutes to 3 minutes. This might be the only thing that could keep it from working on a 75gal tank. The instructions say 55gal as the max but I don't see why it wouldn't work on a 75gal tank. Mine runs for maybe 30 seconds at most when it comes on so I would think you would have to have some serious evaporation to get to 3 minutes. My top off is a 5 gallon bucket and I have to refill it every 4 or 5 days.
please tell me how you adjust this ? and the time limit must be a long one cause it dumped 5g of water into my tank when the float switch stuck

Reefer_Fred
02/09/2016, 08:00 AM
i use it for my 100 gallon plus a 35 gal sump. Works good use a 10gal container for my water and kalk.I use about 1-2 gals a day. Running t5

Opus123
02/09/2016, 10:09 AM
please tell me how you adjust this ? and the time limit must be a long one cause it dumped 5g of water into my tank when the float switch stuck

You have to take the cover off the controller and change a jumper. Check out your manual, should be around page 26. Talks about how to do it and has a couple of pics.